Monday, March 1, 2010

Book Recommendations

I've been doing some reading as of late. Here are two of the books I found most useful:


Industrial Design by Jim Lesko

I picked this book up at the local library expecting the usual design crap: Furnature, cars, and hubless wheels. To my surprise, I found a well organized overview of manufacturing methods for a variety of materials. The book doesn't go too in depth into any particular subject, but it provides a nice introduction and reference for the aspiring product designer. More than just an easy read, Lesko includes many informative diagrams. These pictures are worth a thousand words; I highly recommend this to anyone getting into the field/hobby/whatever.




The Ice Cream Maker by Subir Chowdhury

I know what you are thinking, "what the hell does this have to do with BMX?" This short (115 pg.) book is the tale of an ice cream factory manager who develops his company into a more efficient, competitive, and quality-focused organization. The book focuses on how supporting your customers and community (that includes everyone from the employees, to the people who live around you), in order to create a healthier, more self-sufficient organization. For any of you in management, or looking to get into business for yourself, this is a required read :)

4 comments:

  1. i dig your blog man. a lot of good info on here.. i'll check back regularly.
    check mine when you get a chance:
    thebeaconbmx.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I subscribe to your blog on my Google Reader account as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aluminium Cable Manufacturers – A renowned aluminium cable manufacturers in India and one of the leading aluminium cable suppliers in Delhi India.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u.

    Lice Guard Detangler

    ReplyDelete